- OPTIONAL make a copy of your original GTA-VC.EXE file (from the directory the you installed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, for when this issue is fixed with a driver update, and you would like to revert to the original version).
- Start ViceCity_Patch_11.exe.
- After clicking next twice, browse to your installed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City directory (the directory where GTA-VC.EXE resides) and click next.
- The patch will check for the presence of the correct GTA-VC.EXE file. If the patch finds an un-modified GTA-VC.EXE, then this file will be updated to version 1.1, otherwise no patching can occur.
- Click start to begin the update process.
- After patching click exit.
The only file changed by this patch is GTA-VC.EXE which is upgraded to version 1.1
Save game and setting files are carried forward with no issues.
This fix is an UN-SUPPORTED update that corrects polygon corruption that has been noticed on certain video cards and PC combinations.
This is the only change that has been made from your original version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.